Translate

Friday, October 5, 2012

Beautiful Poem.

·  Shared by one of our Gold Star Wives.
·       

 In Memory of Fallen Heroes Fallen Hero By Anonymous

 I stare at the casket; Draped with the nation’s cloth.
 I’m momentarily startled; As the guns go off.
Another fallen soldier; Being laid to rest.
I struggle to breathe; For this tightness in my chest.
 The bugler so smooth; As he hits every note.
It is hard to swallow; Because of this lump in my throat.
Tears fall like rain; As I look to the sky.
No matter how many times I hear it; Taps still makes me cry.
The bugle now silent; As we pray for the dead.
I gather myself; As I bow down my head.
Lord bless these heroes; Who have given their lives.
Comfort their children; Their husbands and wives.
Let us not forget: They have give their all.
Let the bugle be silent; let no more soldiers fall.
~~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment